What do good Seattle wedding photographers charge?
Pricing for Seattle wedding photographers is pretty standard for large cities. That means you can expect to pay $3500-$7500 for a day of quality wedding photography in Seattle. Finished and edited digital images will likely be included. Items that you might want include wedding albums, guest books, additional photographers, photo booths, and an adventure engagement session just to name a few.
For me, a single wedding requires at least 40 hours of work just to sort through the THOUSANDS of photos I shoot, make color adjustments, upload your photos to your proof site, design your wedding album, and more. Shooting your photos is the best part; after your wedding is the real work! There is also a mountain of hidden work that goes into your wedding photos. Everything from helping with your timeline, promptly answering emails, replacing old equipment, and continuing my education in photography is necessary to make sure you get the best photos!
Here is how a typical wedding timeline breaks down:
It works well and helps to keep the day calm and relaxed if I arrive at the tail-end of your getting ready process.
- Allow at least 60 minutes for getting-ready photography and details of the dress, shoes, jewelry, etc.
- Plan on 60 minutes for your first look. This allows us time to get to a pretty location. And for you and your love to spend a little quality time together after you see each other.
- 60 minutes to 2 hours with your bridal party is ideal. This is probably the most time you will have with them all day, so think about having fun and photos will come naturally. Think about this in terms of the experience you want to have. Plan on doing something fun with your bridal party. If you’re in the city, why not stop by your favorite bar for a cocktail and toast?!
- 30-60 minutes for family photos works well. If we do these just before the ceremony then you will be able to attend most of your cocktail hour. 🙂
- About 30-60 minutes for your ceremony should be accurate. Even 5 minute ceremonies take a bit longer when you count the time it takes right before and right after.
- Cocktail hour – 60 min. Perhaps we slip away so you can have a moment of quiet together?
- 60-120 minutes for dinner and toasts.
- Plan on 30-60 minutes for first dance and other formalities. I consider these things pretty critical. If anything else is behind schedule, this often runs a bit behind schedule.
- Open dancing. This could be anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours of coverage. Not all dancing is created equal. What are your friends like and what type of photos do you want?
Wow! So it takes a bit of time just to be there for key moments. Plan on 7-9 hours of photography. After all, good photography is based on being at your wedding to capture moments as they happen.
My rates start at $3550 for Inclusive Wedding Collections, $1995 for A La Carte options and $1695 for Elopements. Use the contact link and we can talk in more detail.
Here are a few other things to look for when checking out photographers.
Seattle is full of photographers who work a full time job and photograph weddings on the weekend. Consider these questions when deciding if they are worth trusting with your wedding.
- Does their portfolio include any full weddings or images shot in low light? It’s pretty easy for someone who has only shot a couple of weddings to have a few great images. Ask to see more to confirm how they shoot an entire wedding day.
- Do they have back up gear for when something breaks? (This is a when, not an if. (Trust me on that one…)
- What are their reviews like on Yelp, Wedding Wire, the Knot, Google and other sites?
- Do any of your other wedding vendors recommend them?
- How long has the photographer been in business?
- Do they have a business license in Washington?
- Do they have liability insurance?
So, I could go on. But you get the idea and I am happy to walk you through this info and a whole lot more. Shoot me a note to talk more!